Thursday, May 18, 2017

Leaders and/or Teachers

Religion should teach me
how to find out about the things I need to know
giving me the opportunity
to develop my own particular talents and interests
to the fullest,
to become whole,
to become wise.

The trouble is that
religious hierarchs really don’t know how to do this.
Those who do know,
or at least have some good ideas,
are not the people who actually control my religion.

The Church is controlled by the
Good Ole Ordained Quasi-celibate Boys Club,
and directly or indirectly these people decide
what we should be taught and how.

And what one gets out of religion
will largely decide what one gets out of life.

So I have a right,
and a duty to myself,
to becoming wise.

I know how the present religious system works
and what its limitations are
but I will not let this stop me
from seeking Wisdom.

If everybody dared
to be honest with each other all the time,
Institutional Catholicism
would collapse very rapidly.
But as a rule,
 neither its Clerics
nor its Laity dare to be honest with each other.

When being honest didn’t work
I then acted
to show that I meant what I said.
The best way to act
was to simply live what I’ve talked about for so long,
to live the religion I wanted my religion to be.



Most authoritarian Clerics
are tied up in knots,
afraid of something or other.

They’re often afraid of the Laity
and think they have to appear strict and unapproachable.
They’re afraid that the Laity may be right
and that they may be wrong.
They’re afraid that there’ll be chaos
if they give up their power and authority.

This fear arises
because they don’t believe in people’s ability
to find their own solutions to problems.
This lack of faith in others may be due to a lack of belief in themselves.
They’re insecure
and have to rely on their authority all the time.

Church Leaders remain leaders 
only as long as we let them
and as long as we let them,
we will not walk the path
to wholeness,
to Wisdom.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.