Friday, June 2, 2017

Pro God

Religion flattens imagination
in service to literalism.
When prevented from thinking imaginatively,
people will inevitably think stupidly.

It is literalism in religion
that has primed us for fake news.

The religious are primed to be intellectually lazy.
Religion should be on the cutting edge of the sciences and humanities,
using the latest findings of each
in its effort to make meaning and articulate purpose.

When religion abandons reality
it risks becoming irrelevant to those who don’t.

I’m pro-choice pro-life, 
and if forced to choose, 
I choose the life and well-being of the mother 
over that of her unborn child. 

I’m pro-family, 
and I define family by the quality of love between family members
 rather than by gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation.

 I’m pro-God, 
and I understand God as that unnamable, non-dual Reality,
the loving energy
in which we live, move, and have our being 
rather than any of the named Gods of religion.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.