Friday, June 16, 2017

Un-knowing

Unknowing,
if I can be open and vulnerable,
can take me to the very depths of Wisdom,
not informing my mind
but coursing through my whole body, artery and veins
provided I can thrust aside
what the world calls common sense,
that popular conventional wisdom
that prevents the emerging of the spiritual,
access to the Divine within.

I cannot wipe my mind clean of its knowing,
as one would wash a face,
for, indeed, paradoxically,
I need some knowing
As an essential aspect of living,
not to be despised.

But when my mind attempts to usurp
the whole realm of my consciousness,
of which, after all, it is but a fragment,
the possibilities of discovering Unknowing 
are overlaid and lost.

The world belongs to silence and stillness.
Unknowing, 
itself being empty,
can be approached only in moments of emptiness
which the ego-mind mistakes for boredom
hastening to fill that condition
with ever more and more learning.

To my ego
the phrase I do not know
is one of self-reproach.

But for me
I do not know
is the door to Wisdom,
the Open Sesame,
which to pronounce 
costs nothing less than everything.

So, I must drop from busy awareness
into the stillness
whence life springs, 
into the void within me.




Only by such means
 can I come upon fullness, 
the fullness that my mind, 
with all its acumen, 
cannot begin to conceive. 

Thus, True Self offers itself to my self
 and I know without knowing 
whatever is vital to me
and that there is manna in the wilderness.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.